I am passionate about developing fresh, original, and well-documented content that will
- educate and enlighten your readers
- resonate with their needs,
- inspire them to act, and
- deliver measurable results.
I am skilled in:
- Decoding and transforming complex financial concepts into plain language and engaging copy
- Developing clean, crisp content that captures readers’ attention
- Connecting you with your audiences through multiple touches, including:
Articles for online and print publications Website content White papers and thought leadership content
Video scripts Infographics Integrated content marketing packages/campaigns Sales support materials, kits, playbooks, and case studies Bylined articles and blogs for executives Informational and educational brochures
Before launching PJ Walker Communications in 2009 …
My experience as a plain language advocate got its start back in the golden age of consumer activism, when I was Director of Consumer Affairs for The Stop & Shop Companies, Inc. While there, I:
- Managed 100 quarterly shopper/manager feedback sessions that drove profitable changes in the stores based on the trends and preferences we identified.
- Launched the company’s in-store customer newsletter, cited by the White House for “Excellence” in consumer communications. It is still published today.
After more than a dozen years in retailing, I moved into the financial services industry where I applied my ability to translate complex concepts into everyday language to personal finance, investing, and insurance content as Vice President of Marketing Communications at New England Life and VP/Editor-in-Chief at Fidelity Investments.
At Fidelity, I managed the editorial and design teams that delivered the company’s award-winning print and digital magazines and newsletters to 4 million+ individual investors nationwide. Independent measurement of Fidelity’s magazines showed a 94% readership rate and increases in loyalty and assets under management.
Today, working on my own, or with other writers and editors carefully selected for a virtual team, I continue to solve communications challenges for the nation’s leading banks and financial services companies – as well as smaller businesses and non-profit groups. I bring energy and creativity to every project I pursue for my clients.